Sunday, November 29, 2015

Love New Authors

Don't you love it when you pick up a book and can't put it down?

Once in a while I find a new author, and that's what happened this week.

At writers conferences, I'm given freebie books by new authors, and I admit a lot of the time I stack them in a corner and don't read them. Every so often, I thumb through the stack looking for a new book to read. I found the book, Shadow of Danger, by Jeanne Marie Leach. I really enjoy it. In fact, I had a hard time putting it down.


Here's the back cover blurb:

Rachel Ringhold is roused from her bed in the middle of the night and sent away from the orphanage, where she d grown up and now works. Dazed and confused, she flees from an undisclosed danger. With a prayer in her heart, and little money in her satchel, she sets out to find Seb Jameson, the man who used to work for the orphanage as blacksmith and handyman, and who d captured her heart as a youth.
 
Tired, dirty, and malnourished, Rachel finally reaches Leadville, Colorado and discovers Seb engaged to be married. Unaware of the turbulence in Seb and Myra s relationship, Rachel enjoys her new life and grows to a fresh awareness of what Jesus Christ accomplished for her on the cross. The danger suddenly catches up to her. Her renewed faith is shattered. All she d ever wanted was for someone to love her and a home of her own, but now her dreams have been stripped from her. Rachel wonders who can save her now, or if there s there anyone who would want to.

The heroine was immediately thrown into a dire situation, and I was hooked. It's a Christian sweet read with characters you'll root for. Ms. Leach kept me wondering right to the end. It was a very enjoyable read.

If you like sweet western historical romances, you'll enjoy Shadow of Danger.

Happy Reading!

K. R. Bailey

http://www.KRBailey.com

No comments: